Personal Identification Information We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, identifying and personal information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information (“Information”). Information that we may collect from you may also include demographic and customer information such as your age, occupation and hobbies, and the reason(s) for the purchase of our products and/or intended use. We may also ask about your preferences and interests in order to notify you of future product launches and company activities that may be of interest to you. In particular, we may collect data through:
- Web Site Registration We may collect personal information from you when registering as a product user, or for warranty purposes. Information collected from those who register on our Site is used to provide site registrants the benefits associated with such registration (e.g., warranty-related information or updates, and product launch and news information).
- Customer Service In order to provide you with the best possible customer service, we may collect Information from you which information will be used only for the purpose of solving your customer support inquiry and/or responding to your questions or request for additional information.
- Resume Submission We allow for the online submission of resumes. Personal information collected from resumes will be used solely for the purpose of accepting and evaluating candidate submissions for job openings. The information may be shared within the organization and is not subject to the terms of this Policy.
- Shopping Cart Purchasing We collect personal information from you when you use our shopping cart to make a purchase. Information collected includes your customer information necessary to complete a purchase, including credit card information and billing information associated with a credit card, as well as shipping information.
Whatever the activity may be, we will only collect Information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and our business objectives. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect Information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such Information to us. Users can always refuse to supply Information; however that may prevent that User from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information We collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider utilized and other similar information.
Information Automatically Collected and Stored and the Use of “Cookies”
WHAT ARE COOKIESCookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES REGARDING COOKIES
WHERE CAN YOU FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
IP Addresses Our Site uses Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) so you can access the Internet. Sometimes, an IP address changes each time you connect to the Internet. This is called a “dynamic” IP address. However, if you have a broadband connection, depending on your individual circumstance, it is possible that the IP address that we collect, or even perhaps a cookie we use, may contain information that could be deemed identifiable. This is because, with some broadband connections, your IP address doesn’t change (“static” IP address) and could be associated with your personal computer.
Log Data We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service's functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
How We Use Collected InformationIn addition to the uses described elsewhere in this Policy, we may collect and use Users’ Information and other data for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize User experience: we may use Information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our Site, our products and our services.
- To process payments: We may use the Information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this Information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To share your Information with third parties: We may share or sell Information with third parties for marketing or other purposes.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use your email address to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, the User will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or within the Policy so that User may contact us via our Site.
- To complete a business transaction, comply with local governmental requirements such as tax reporting, etc.
Communications You Receive – Permission To Contact You And/Or Send You Materials and Information Only when specifically requested by a User will the Information we collect be used to respond to the Users’ inquiries and/or to send the User’s information or newsletters, and notify our customers about new products we may offer, product developments, or other corporate activities that may be of interest. We send out email newsletters to our customers to highlight features of our products, new product launches, specials, announcements, sales, advertisements and the like. In other words, it is only when you have volunteered information about yourself, or have specifically requested to receive such contact and information from us, that we come into possession of and/or use any of your personally identifiable information. We will also routinely send out “transactional” email communications to assist you in completing your purchase.
Contest - Sweepstakes Terms We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media channels. Participation is completely voluntary. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer our promotions. We may also, unless prohibited by the Promotion’s rules or law, use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our products and services. We may share this information with our affiliates and other organizations or service providers in line with this policy and the rules posted for each promotion Learn more here: www.maglite.com/contest-terms
Unsubscribing/Opting Out If you decide you no longer wish to receive postal mailings and/or emails from us, please let us know by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and telling us you no longer wish to receive postal mail and/or email from us. Please provide us with your exact name, postal address, and email address.
Contacting Us About Your Personal Information Web site visitors may contact us to request we delete previously submitted information from our database, review or request revision(s) and/or update(s) to personally identifiable information by sending an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions or comments about the way your personally identifiable information collected via our Web site is used and handled, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
We support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Service Providers We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
Security – How We Protect Your Information The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. We adopt appropriate and reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between our Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment for Users as we can. As has been seen in the news, however, it is not possible to absolutely protect against hacking, and so there is a risk that some unauthorized access to Information could occur notwithstanding our reasonable efforts at protection and prevention, and for which we are not responsible.
Third Party Websites Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these other websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these other third party websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These other websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party websites or services.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Site. Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Non-U.S. Residents Our Site is available for viewing by individuals worldwide. However, if you are not a U.S. resident, you may also be able to link from our Web site to an authorized distributor’s Web site serving your country of residence. MAG INSTRUMENT MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO THE COMPLIANCE OF THIS WEB SITE AND MAG INSTRUMENT’S PRACTICES WITH RESPECT HERETO WITH THE LAWS OF JURISDICTIONS OTHER THAN THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES.
Product Idea Submissions We no longer accept submission of unsolicited product ideas, whether as to an existing product or with regard to a new product. Any such submission, whether to this website, email@example.com, or to any other address or person affiliated with Mag Instrument, will not be considered, is not considered confidential, and creates no express or implied agreement, contract or understanding between Mag Instrument and the submitter.
Your acceptance of this Policy By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. If you are a Child, please consult with your parents before using our Site.